This Gadget Has No Title

“A path is only a path, and there is no affront, to oneself or to others, in dropping it if that is what your heart tells you . . . Look at every path closely and deliberately. Try it as many times as you think necessary. Then ask yourself alone, one question . . . Does this path have a heart? If it does, the path is good; if it doesn't it is of no use.”
Carlos Castaneda

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Wonderful - Everclear



I don't want to meet your friends 
And I don't want to start over again 
I just want my life to be the same 
Just like it used to be 
Some days I hate everything 
I hate everything 
Everyone and everything 
Please don't tell me everything is wonderful now... 


Did you ever hear a song that sums up your anger, resentment, and loss?

When I first heard this song I cried so hard. I've come a long way since then.

I feel fortunate I can view issues from many angles.  I feel fortunate to have had so many people love me. People have come and gone but I'm thankful for an essentially happy childhood.

I am sad for those who had to leave my life through no fault of theirs or mine. You all meant so much to me. I remember so many good times and feelings. I will love you forever, wherever you are.

I still feel angry at my parents sometimes. Not for what happened between them but for the roller coaster ride afterwards. I know they were trying to find their way in the world and didn't always have the tools they needed so no matter what, I love them eternally for who they are and for who they were.

You can't change the past but you can change how you feel about it.

No comments: